the motorcycle diaries

chim + shup + fuzz + jo | the softballer, tennis player, councillor and judoka | (wannabe) girl jocks | 03a15 hwachonggg | arty farty humanz | travel HK | cycle pasir ris | dinner anywhere | what we have in common - our restlessness, our impassioned spirits, and a love for the open road

Friday, February 03, 2006

sweetie

hello my sweeties i like it when people call me sweetie - this damn hot girl on my floor, this guy on my floor, the motherly checkout lady at terrace cafe ooh yes.

feeling very at home now especially after returning to my com service place yesterday and the teacher gave me a hug and the kids remembered me, especially this little girl who used to call me "mommy" until i told her to call me "sister" cos it didn't sound right to be her mommy. but i soon realised why the teacher was so happy to see me again - it's crazy! they need a damn lot of help everyday in their after school program. every kid is craving for attention and they're all so cute and energetic it's hard to squash them. i like how the teacher reasons with them instead of just telling them to shut up. very different from my tyrannical kindergarten days. so yeah if you go to berkeley and you read this and have time to spare and would like to help out at a school every week give me a call k. i hope this inspires you all to play with kids too hehe. and jo, i thought you helped out at a school too... doesn't it cheer you up sometimes when it gets a bit claustrophobic and blue in school? eh seriously, if you run away, i'll have to come and rescue you from the ulu place you run away to.

when i compare this semester with the last i realise how crazy i was, in that i lived so insensibly i lost myself somewhere in the middle. now i feel like i've climbed back to some kind of stability that's still not all hunky-dory, but not upside down at least. do you guys feel that you've settled down somewhat? i know you're still blue jo, but maybe there's a comforting sense of familiarity with the environment now? that will thankfully not change that much as you face down all the horrible things that hit at times.

i think above all i feel very glad that my relationship with my roommate is fantastically good this semester. i don't feel the mean urge to shut her out when she gets a bit too controlling (she told me honestly that she is possessive by nature and i've learnt to accept it and to remind her when it gets too much i guess), and this means a much happier dorm/home now, and a good friend to boot.

i hope we'll end up more satisfied than last semester.

finally, lesbian gay bisexual transgender studies are fascinating but too much reading that i'm not doing. going deep into the human psyche and learning about the discourses on sexuality makes you VERY aware of your primeval urges. today's main take in class for me- how masculine/feminine do you view yourself and so what kind are you attracted to? interesting conclusions, definitely worth my time in the class hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker