the motorcycle diaries

chim + shup + fuzz + jo | the softballer, tennis player, councillor and judoka | (wannabe) girl jocks | 03a15 hwachonggg | arty farty humanz | travel HK | cycle pasir ris | dinner anywhere | what we have in common - our restlessness, our impassioned spirits, and a love for the open road

Friday, January 23, 2009

what's the next adventure going to be?

They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"
--Kerouac


never felt more alive than when he was interrogating me and we realized we were of the same mold, liable to pack and go anytime, anywhere. was so tired and listless last night, wishing to be left alone to grieve. the next day, and i'm raring to go again, to create more in-the-moment pictures, to just color the world the way my spirit feels it should be!

Kerouac's for him. 3 years ago, when we hiked in SF and found the museum and he told me i should read on the road and i'd no idea then that i'll move so far away from that over-protected fearful girl. what did this book mean to him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker