the motorcycle diaries

chim + shup + fuzz + jo | the softballer, tennis player, councillor and judoka | (wannabe) girl jocks | 03a15 hwachonggg | arty farty humanz | travel HK | cycle pasir ris | dinner anywhere | what we have in common - our restlessness, our impassioned spirits, and a love for the open road

Saturday, August 27, 2005

of beer and drugs

heyy i really like the title of the blog now! you guys must watch the movie for the delectable gael bernal garcia. And the wandering vastness of the soul it captures of course, not just for gbg.

anyway, i was leaving the gym with di fan at about 10pm when yuan xiang called (if you're reading this man you're crappy but it's ok, good to hear your voice even though i'm a filler for your boring walks to the clubs) and he reminded me that the first weekend spent here shouldn't be at the dorm. And so i decided to check out some sporty gathering thing with di fan cos she'd wanted to go but had decided not to cos i didn't want to go with her at first. On our way there, we heard screaming and a rock band-like sound next to the sports field. Wheeeee. I headed for the concert alone cos di fan didn't want to but no regrets!!!! About two thousand people were in this amphitheatre grooving to some oldish rock group who was awesome. Great emotion, superb lyrics. Hehehe you should have seen my attempts at dancing. Baby steps my friends. Soon i'll be in a bhangra or hip hop class at the rec centre and then i can be really pro at concerts. Now paradise will be if John Mayer hits this area. Thanks yuan xiang for calling at the right moment cos i was really going to bum in my room after my workout.

Notice i said be pro at concerts instead of parties. After living in THE party dorm of Berkeley for a week and after the concert i've decided that i HATE HATE HATE the smell of beer and puke and whatever drug this bunch of guys next to me at the concert were smoking. I'll confirm get these smells at parties and maybe even get wasted who knows what will happen in the heat of the moment right. Just yesterday this girl was being carried by her friends throughout my building and they were asking every room if she was our roommate. Man i really don't want to be in that position ever. Losing control over yourself is just plain scary. Sure i took a longer time than the guys next to me getting lost in the music at the concert, probably because they were getting high on whatever they were passing around to smoke. But i had a good time anyway. Maybe it was cos i was inhaling whatever they were exhaling? Whatever. Hmmm however i still have an itch to try a sorority or frat party what do you guys think? How do i avoid the stink of beer and drugs and yet get the complete experience hehehe?

Oh yeah i caved in to temptation and bought some fried rice from a chinese restaurant today but i made the mistake of speaking english and i got the Americanised version :( I must speak chinese from now on. the good thing is Di Fan is going to take chinese classes and she has cool textbooks with essays and stuff that i can read to brush up. And my neighbour is this chinese american guy John who's actually reading a chinese book on confucious sayings right now. He's really nice, helped me a lot with carrying heavy stuff. My roommate likes him hehhehheh a real life soap opera in front of me. He and his roommate keep on coming to our room and so do the guys two doors down. Then there's yonghe and nick right across our room. yonghe's from Singapore, and nick is the guy who ponned the whole of this week i was very impressed. So no lack of people to talk crap to, especially late at night. Man they really like to talk and they can go on forever. I've met nice people here and there; i feel bad cos i thought they were like one-off acquaintances and didn't bother remembering their name but they actually call out my name and ask how i'm doing when they see me around campus. Wow. I've never met friendlier people in my life. If I go home and do like the Americans do i'll just be called siao.

Classes start Monday, em says it's tough. Ugh. I'm going to need lots of moral support from you guys.

To end on a positive note, going to San Francisco on Sunday. Yay! Want anything?

3 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger [christina] said…

    HELLO CHEEKYGIRLS! -pointed look at chim- hmmph you talk to yuanxiang but didn't pick up my call! happy studying shups and don't stress out! i'm sorry i missed you before i left. chim: YX is a FRAT BRUDDER! haha we almost crashed a frat party but ohwell you know how these things turn out. hope jo n fuzzy have fun trip to london=)

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger chiminychim said…

    helloooooo chris my luscious creature! have fun in cornell too! hey i didn't get your call did you call the right number? or are you one of those strange people whose numbers show up as "unavailable" on my phone? er normally that's my parents trying to kill me with international phone call bills calling me from singapore but ar eyou one of those mysterious characters?

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger [christina] said…

    chris is officially done with monday classes today at 9.55AM! dig that! erhm i got the number from yuanxiang (who incidentally is going to join CORNELL BHANGRA HOW COOL IS THAT) lah. but drop me a mail at chk25(at)cornell(dot)edu with your phone numbers and address? yeah my parents killed me already with international phone calls. i hope you're still making that journey to the east in winter because it's frickin freezing and you'll turn to ice:P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker