the motorcycle diaries

chim + shup + fuzz + jo | the softballer, tennis player, councillor and judoka | (wannabe) girl jocks | 03a15 hwachonggg | arty farty humanz | travel HK | cycle pasir ris | dinner anywhere | what we have in common - our restlessness, our impassioned spirits, and a love for the open road

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

14-15 August: Hong Kong - Amsterdam - Buenos Aires

Another thirty-six-hour flight into everything I've spent more than half my life flying away from: mediocrity rather than identity, borrowed values rather than ideas of one's own. All the reasons I hated and left Australia so long ago come closer with each time zone and more terrifyingly magnified through the bottom of each in-flight glass. Don't try for me, Argentina... I don't know how I'm going to try for you! Going there we gain a day. Leaving, we lose nothing.

--Christopher Doyle

Watch Hou Hsiao Hsien's City of Sadness, Lou Ye's Suzhou River, Jiang Wen's In The Heat of the Sun, and Edward Yang's Yi Yi (A One and a Two) when you can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker